- 3 large – baking potatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons – vegetable oil – optional
- 1/2 cup – sliced green onions
- 1/2 cup – butter – divided
- 1/2 cup – light cream
- 1/2 cup – sour cream
- 1 teaspoon – salt
- 1/2 teaspoon – white pepper
- 1 cup – shredded cheddar cheese
- Paprika [to taste]
- Rub potatoes with oil if desired; pierce with a fork.
- Bake at 400°F for 1 hour and 20 minutes or until tender.
- Allow potatoes to cool to the touch.
- Cut potatoes in half lengthwise; carefully scoop out pulp, leaving a thin shell.
- Place pulp in a large bowl.
- Saute onions in 1/4 cup butter until tender.
- Add to potato pulp along with light cream, sour cream, salt and pepper.
- Beat until smooth.
- Fold in cheese.
- Stuff potato shells and place in a 13x9x2-inch baking pan.
- Melt remaining butter; drizzle over the potatoes.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake at 350°F for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
Rate this Recipe: