- 1 pound-fresh green beans
- 1 medium-onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon-vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons-water
- 1 teaspoon-sugar
- 1 teaspoon-dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon-salt
- 2 tablespoon-parmesan cheese-grated
- Wash green beans; trim ends, and remove strings. Add water to depth of 1 inch in a large skillet; bring
to a boil, and add beans. Cover; reduce heat, and cook 6-8 minutes. Drain and immediately place in ice
water. Let stand 5 minutes; drain well.
- Cook onion and garlic in oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly.
- Add 2 tablespoons water, sugar, basil and salt; cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove and
discard garlic; sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Rate this Recipe: