- 1 pound – Asparagus
- 4 Eggs
- 4 tablespoons – Oil (to fry the eggs)
- 1/2 cup – Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Salt (as needed)
- Prep time is 20 min.
- Start by washing well the Asparagus.
- Next cut off the bottoms, about 1 inch.
- Then it’s time to cook it. you can steam it, or boil it.
- To steam the spears, boil an inch or two of water, place them in the steamer and cover. Steam for
about 3 minutes.
- If you prefer to boil the Asparagus, put them in a pot with boiling water, and add some salt. Remove
after 3 to 5 minutes.
- You may also choose to grill your asparagus. To do so, put the asparagus on the grill salt it, and grill
for about 5 minutes rotating the spears at least once.
- In all cases the spears should be crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside.
- While the asparagus are cooking, start frying the eggs. First make sure you have a fresh egg. You can
choose to use oil or butter, it’s up to you. I use olive oil.
- Start by heating the oil in a pan. Crack the egg in a ball to make sure you have no shells. then gently
slide the eggs into the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook the egg until the white is solid and the yolk is warm to the touch. You may
choose to continue to cook the egg until the yolk is set to your liking. I suggest making it sunny side up
for this dish, so just base the yolk with oil from the pan and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the Asparagus on a plate, then add the eggs on top of it.
- Grate the parmesan cheese on top of everything and your meal is ready!
Rate this Recipe: