- 6 medium – Artichokes
- 1 Lemon
- 6 tablespoons – Finely minced fresh rosemary
- 6 tablespoons – Finely minced fresh sage
- 1 Dried red chile, minced
- Salt and pepper [to taste]
- Olive oil
- Snap the bottom outer leaves off each artichoke and discard.
- Put the artichokes in water acidulated with a few drops oflemon juice to keep them from discoloring.
- Using a small sharp knife, trim the stems to theirtender corres and cut the tops off the leaves.
- Spread the leaves and scoop and scrape out the choke and any prickly inner leaves with a spoon.
- To make the filling, mix the herbs, peperoncino (red dried pepper), salt, pepper and a little olive oil.
- Divide the mixture evenly and pack it in the artichokes.
- Stand them in a single layer in a baking pan filled to 1 inches height with equal amounts of water and
- Sprinkle olive oil liberally over the tops.
- Heat the oven to 350°F and bake until tender, about 45 min.
- Serve hot, at room temperature, or cold.
Rate this Recipe:
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Baked Artichokes,