- 3 1/3 pounds – Cabbage
- Salt (to taste)
- 4 1/2 oz. – Crisco
- 1 Onion
- 1 Beef Broth Cube
- 4 thick slices Sausage
- 2 1/8 cups – Water
- Strip the cabbage from the ribs and wash real good. Cover with salted water and boil 10 minutes,
drain the water and let cool a little and than chop cabbage finely.
- Heat crisco and saute the chopped onion in it, golden brown.
- Add the cabbage and the broth cube with the water.Cover and simmer for 1 1/2 hour, if it is to dry ,
add a little more water.
- Season with salt and pepper;add the sausage slices on top, cover and let simmer 10 minutes more.
- Put cabbage on platter, add sausage slices on top and serve with homefries.
Rate this Recipe: