- 6 medium – potatoes
- 1 tablespoon – Salt
- 1/2 teaspoon – Pepper
- 1/4 cup – Butter
- 1/2 teaspoon – Baking powder
- 3 tablespoons – Light cream
- 1/4 cup – Milk
- 1 1/2 oz. – Cream cheese
- 4 oz. – Old english cheese
- 2 Egg yolks
- 2 Egg whites
- 2 tablespoons – Grated parmesan cheese
- Boil potatoes in jackets.
- Peel and force through a sieve or ricer.
- Add salt, pepper, butter, baking powder, and cream.
- Beat until well blended and butter is melted and absorbed in potatoes.
- Combine milk, cream cheese and Old English cheese in a saucepan.
- Heat, stirring, until cheese melts.
- Add 2 Tablespoons. at a time to potatoes, beating after each addition until all is used and potatoes are light and fluffy.
- Stir beaten egg yolks into potatoes and mix well.
- Beat egg whites until consistency of meringue and fold into potatoes.
- Pour into a 2 qt. ovenproof casserole, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and place in a hot 450°F oven to brown
beautifully (approx. 15 min.)
- NOTE: “Add 1 teaspoon lemon juice to meringue just before folding into potatoes.
Rate this Recipe:
VN:F [1.9.22_1171]Cheesy Mashed Potatoes,