- 2 – peeled eggplants
- 3/4 cup – skim milk
- 2 cups – bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon – basil
- 1/2 teaspoon – oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon – thyme
- 2 cups – pizza sauce
- 2 cup – mozzarella cheese, low fat
- 1/8 cup – parmesan cheese – grated
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Spray two cookie sheets and a 9×13 pan.
- Peel & cut eggplant into 1/4 inches circles. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Combine bread crumbs
with spices. Dip eggplant into milk then into the crumb mix. Place on cookie sheets. Bake for 20-30
minutes until tender.
- When done, remove from oven. Ladle some pizza/pasta sauce into 9×13 pan, cover with a layer of
eggplant, a layer of sauce, a layer of cheese. Repeat until you run out of ingredients or room. Sprinkle
top with parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for about 40 minutes until heated through and bubbling around edges.
- per serving: 255 cal, 6 g fat (20.3% cff)
Rate this Recipe: