- 1 large – Eggplant
- 2 cups – All purpose flour
- 1 cup – Corn meal
- 2 tablespoon – Sugar
- 1 tablespoon – Salt
- 1 pinch – Pepper
- 3 Eggs
- 1/4 cup – Buttermilk
- 3 cup – Desired frying oil
- Prep time is 35 min.
- Cut eggplant into 1/8″ slices.
- Preheat oil at a medium heat until hot through.
- Mix eggs and buttermilk in a shallow bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Dip eggplant in egg mixture until coated then coat with the flour mixture.
- Add only 4-5 slices in oil at a time, do not over crowd.
- After brown on both sides place on a cooking plate with paper toweling to soak up excess oil.
- You can also bake the eggplant in the oven at 400°F until golden brown.
Rate this Recipe: