- 3 unpeeled, firm, medium green tomatoes
- salt [to taste]
- pepper [to taste]
- 1/4 cup – to 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup – all-purpose flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 3/4 cup – fine dry breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup – cooking oil
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2-inch slices.
- Sprinkle both sides of each slice with salt and pepper.
- Dip slices into milk then into flour.
- Dip into eggs, then into bread crumbs.
- In a 10-inch skillet cook half of the slices at a time in hot oil over medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes on
each side or till brown.
- (If tomatoes begin to brown too quickly, reduce heat to medium-low).
- Add more oil, if needed.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Rate this Recipe: