- 2 can – Small beets (10 oz cans)
- 1/2 cup – White vinegar
- 3/4 cup – White sugar
- pinch of of salt
- pinch of of pepper
- In a small saucepan, bring the vinegar to boil and add the sugar slowly until dissolved – stir constantly.li>
- Open the cans of beets and retain the juice from one can.
- Add the beets (whole) to the boiling vinegar/sugar solution and bring back to a boil.
- Add the retained beet juice (about 1/4 cup worth).
- Add salt & pepper.
- Boil for about 2 minutes and then remove from heat.
- Sterilize two sealing jars (about 10 ~ 12 oz capacity).
- Put beets into sterlized jars, cover with the vinegar/sugar solution and seal with lids.
- Let stand several days before serving.
- This is a sweet pickle best served cold.
- Excellent with beef and pork.
Rate this Recipe: