- 1 pound – Fresh okra, cut into 1 inch pcs
- 1 large – diced Green tomato
- 1 medium – chopped Onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced (opt)
- 1 Jalapeno pepper halved & sliced- remove seeds if too hot
- 2 Eggs beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon – Salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – Black pepper
- 1/2 cup – Milk
- 1 cup – Cornmeal
- 1/4 cup – Vegetable oil
- Combine okra, tomato, onion, garlic & jalapeno in large bowl.
- In separate bowl combine eggs, salt, pepper, milk.
- Pour egg mix over veggies and toss to thoroughly coat.
- Gradually add cornmeal until mixture on the veggies and at the bottom of the bowl soaked up.
- Continue to toss till ingredients evenly mixed.
- Mixture will have a gooey consistency.
- Heat oil in 10 inch skillet over med.
- Heat until hot.
- Oil is ready when dash of cornmeal sizzles.
- Spoon mixture evenly in skillet.
- Reduce heat to med low.
- Cover and fry till underside golden brown, 10-15 minutes.
- Then invert on plate and slide otherside up into skillet and cook uncovered 5-8 min until golden brown.
- Remove from skillet to paper towels to drain excess oil.
- Serve hot.
Rate this Recipe: