- 4 cups – Water
- 1/2 pound – Green Beans Cut in pieces
- 4 small – New Red Potatoes Cut in 8 pieces
- 1 1/2 teaspoons – Salt
- 5 slices – Bacon Cut in 1 inches Pieces
- 1/4 cup – Chopped Onion
- In a medium saucepan, place water, green beans, potatoes, and 1 teaspoon of the salt. Over mediumhigh
heat, bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer until tender. Drain and rinse vegetables
briefly in cold water to stop the cooking. Cover and set aside.
- In a 12 inch skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp and onion is
tender. Drain off all but 1 tablespoon of the bacon drippings. Add beans and potatoes and toss until well
coated with bacon and onion. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper.
Rate this Recipe: