- 5 medium – potatoes cooked
- 1/2 cup – chopped onions
- 1/2 teaspoon – salt
- 1/4 teaspoon – white pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon – olive oil
- Cook potatoes, in their jackets, in boiling water until about half cooked, 15 minutes.
- When cool enough to handle, slip off skins.
- Shred potatoes coarsely into a mixing bowl.
- Mix lightly with onions, salt, and white pepper.
- Shape into 8 patties.
- In a skillet, heat oil over low heat.
- Add patties.
- Cook over low heat, without stirring until potatoes are brown and crusty on bottom, 15 minutes.
- Loosen edges with a spatula and flip over carefully and cook for 15 minutes more or until brown and crusty again.
- Repeat with remaining patties.
Rate this Recipe: