- 12 cups – Cauliflower flowrets (1- to 2-inch), or small brussel sprouts
- 4 cups – White vinegar (5 percent)
- 2 cups – Sugar
- 2 cups – Thinly sliced onions
- 1 cup – Diced sweet red peppers
- 2 tablespoons – Mustard seed
- 1 tablespoon – Celery seed
- 1 tablespoon – Turmeric
- 1 tablespoon – Hot red pepper flakes
- Procedure: Wash cauliflower flowerets or brussel sprouts (remove stems and blemished outer leaves)
and boil in salt water (4 tsp canning salt per gallon of water) for 3 minutes for cauliflower and 4
minutes for brussel sprouts. Drain and cool. Combine vinegar, sugar, onion, diced red pepper, and
spices in large saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer 5 minutes. Distribute onion and diced pepper
among jars. Fill jars with pieces and pickling solution, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- Adjust lids and process according to the recommendations in Table 1.
- Table 1. Recommended process time for Pickled Cauliflower or Brussel Sprouts in a boiling-water canner.
Rate this Recipe: