- 7 pounds – Small okra pods
- 6 small – Hot peppers
- 4 teaspoons – Dill seed
- 8 Garlic cloves
- 2/3 cup – Canning or pickling salt
- 6 cups – Water
- 6 cups – Vinegar (5 percent)
- Procedure: Wash and trim okra. Fill jars firmly with whole okra, leaving 1/2-inch headspace. Place 1
garlic clove in each jar. Combine salt, hot peppers, dill seed, water, and vinegar in large saucepan and
bring to a boil. Pour hot pickling solution over okra, leaving 1/2-inch headspace.
- Adjust lids and process according to the recommendations in Table 1.
- Table 1. Recommended process time for Pickled Dilled Okra in a boiling-water canner.
- Style of Pack: Hot. Jar Size: Pints. Process Time at Altitudes of 0 – 1,000 ft: 10 min. 1,001 – 6,000 ft:
15 min. Above 6,000 ft: 20 min.
Rate this Recipe: