- 3/4 cup – Juice from canned beets
- 3/4 cup – Vinegar
- 1/4 cup – Brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon – Salt
- 2 Cloves, whole
- 6 hard boiled eggs,peeled
- Mix beet juice, vinegar, brown sugar, salt, and cloves in a saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cool.
- Place eggs in a quart jar. Add beet juice mixture.
- To keep eggs immersed in the pickling mixture, fill a small plastic bag (intended for food use) with
water; fasten securely to prevent leakage; and place on top of eggs.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- For optimum eating quality, use within 2 days of preparation.
- Calories per egg: About 80
Rate this Recipe: