- 1 pound – Small new potatoes;scrubbed (1 1/2 to 2 inches potatoes)
- 2 cup – Sugar snap peas
- 4 tablespoons – Butter
- 2 teaspoons – chopped Fresh basil or 3/4 tsp dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons – chopped Fresh thyme or 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon – chopped Fresh tarragon or 1/4 tsp dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon – Salt
- 1/8 teaspoon – Freshly ground pepper
- Cut the potatoes into halves or quarters. Place in a medium saucepan with enough water to cover.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, covered, until barely tender, about 10 minutes. Add the peas;
continue simmering uncovered about 3 to 5 minutes, until as tender as desired. Transfer the vegetables
to a colander; drain well.
- Discard the water from the saucepan; add the butter. Cook over medium heat until the butter is
melted; stir in the herbs. Return the vegetables to the pan, add salt and pepper. Toss lightly; heat
Rate this Recipe: