- 1 quart – distilled white vinegar
- 3/4 cup – pickling or kosher salt
- 2 quarts – water
- 2/3 cup – sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons – dill seed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons – celery seed
- 30 black peppercorns
- 12 garlic cloves
- 12 sprigs fresh dill
- 5 pounds – small pickling cucumbers
- Sterilize canning jars, lids and screw bands according to manufacturer’s directions. Simmer vinegar,
salt, water, and sugar in a large non-aluminum saucepan. In ONE STERIZILED JAR AT A TIME,
place 1/4 teaspon each of the dill and celery seed, 5 peppercorns, 2 cloves of garlic, 2 sprigs fresh dill.
Pack jar with WHOLE* cucumbers. Pour hot vinegar mixture into jars, leaving 1/2 inches headspace.
Cover with lids, screw on bands. Process jars in a large pot of simmering water for 5 minutes; water
should cover jars by 1″. Remove jars to a rack to cool. Test seals. Store in a cool, dark place for at least
- You can slice or quarter cucumbers if you desire.
Rate this Recipe: